Saturday, July 25, 2009

in Utah!

(I'll add photos when I get home...)

  • Mom took me to catch my first standby flight (Thank you, Jennifer! and Mom and Jason for helping battle my nerves)
  • Hung out with Ilene, Zac, Anne, Kenric, Becky, Lucy, and Katie in Provo
  • Went to Costco for the 3rd time ever - Lucy took me in the COLD room - it was a huge fruit fridge!
  • Kickboxed for the first time at Ilene's class - loved it!
  • Talked to Jason.
  • Listened to a rhyming storytime at the library in Provo that used to be Grandpa's university building - was reminded what a dolphin sounds like but did not know it was on Ol' Mack Donald's farm
  • Bought my first Utah fishing license
  • Which totally paid off because I caught my first fish and ate it!!!! I've caught a fish before, just never ate it! It was a carp and to me it tasted delicious. I am thrilled to know other fresh fish taste so much better according to Zac.
  • I camped with cows for the first time. We went somewhere called Strawberry where cows graze. Quite the effective morning alarms.
  • Watched a space station in orbit for the first time - how fast!
  • Saw the biggest shooting star I ever did see and in such a starry, starry sky.
  • Threw my shoe off across the fire because I thought a spider was biting me. It was just an amber...I mean ember. Very cool blister.
  • Talked to Jason.
  • Ate a Kahuna burger: fried pineapple, teriaki sauce, and other fattening delicacies.
  • Water park: went down the very steep slide twice to prove to myeslf I am not a wimp.
  • Enjoyed Utah culture at a 5K that Ilene and Kenric ran in...oh, and Anne. You'll just have to see photos.
  • Saw missionaries handing hatchets to kids to throw - Pioneer Day activity.
  • BBQ at Ilenes with Kenric's fam and the neighbors downstairs. Little Molly became my friend. My hair is in braids...when in Rome...
  • Talked to Jason.
  • Practiced my bass skills on RockBand
  • Played Ilene's cool red guitar - ahh, reality.
  • Watched the Dance Revolution video for the first time.
  • Watched a firework.
  • Watched Ilene's softball game. Resisted urges to at least bat.
  • Watched "Monsters vs. Aliens" again. 3rd time was not a charm.
  • Ate bottomless chips at Chili's
  • Talked to Jason.
  • Met up with Cousin Erin and saw Hanna for the first time. We bonded.
  • Chilled with Grandma and Grandpa, Aunt Diana, Jimmy, and Annette and family.
  • Found Kenric's church building, the first of two that share the same parking lot.
  • Said hello to my old professor, Dr. Warner, (from 10 years ago), as I stepped out to make a call.
  • Walked home from church.
  • Played catch with Lucy with a princess bouncy ball, (over the roof, don't tell Dad...ok ok and into the neighbor's yard...oh yeah and I think the ball is still there - we never did get it that second time, right Lucy?).
  • Rode with Kenric, Lucy, and Kiley (sorry about the spelling if I messed up) to Utah Lake. Oh how I wish I had a video camera. Lucy was hilarious, proving her relation to her father.
  • Talked to Jason.
  • Ate Becky's amazing homemade pizza
  • Talked and talked with Ilene
  • Saw my first stuffed giraffe
  • Wished I could talk to Jason.
  • Shopped and shopped with Ilene
  • Packed and packed with Ilene
  • Caught standby #2 - didn't get to fly with Ilene but made it back on the same day.
  • Wished I could talk to Jason.

1 comment:

Juanita said...

What a fun fast trip. Wished I was there, too.